Seoul Climate & Temperature
- Seoul, South Korea is at 37°34'N, 126°57'E, 87 m (286 ft). See map.
- Seoul has a humid continental climate with severe, dry winters, hot summers and strong seasonality (Köppen-Geiger classification: Dwa).
- According to the Holdridge life zones system of bioclimatic classification Seoul is situated in or near the cool temperate wet forest biome.
- The average annual temperature is 11.8 degrees Celsius (53.3 degrees Fahrenheit). See the temperatures page for a monthly breakdown and the fixed scale graph.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 28.8 °C (51.8°F). This indicates that the continentality type is continental, subtype truly continental.
- In the winter time records indicate temperatures by day reach 2°C (35.6°F) on average falling to -7.3°C (18.8°F) overnight.
- In spring time temperatures climb reaching 16.3°C (61.4°F) generally in the afternoon with overnight lows of 5°C (41°F).
- During summer average high temperatures are 29°C (84.2°F) and average low temperatures are 19.7°C (67.4°F).
- Come autumn/ fall temperatures decrease achieving average highs of 19.3°C (66.8°F) during the day and lows of 8.3°C (47°F) generally shortly after sunrise.
- Total annual Precipitation averages 1370.5 mm (54 inches) which is equivalent to 1370.5 Litres/m² (33.62 Gallons/ft²).
- On average there are 2428 hours of sunshine per year. Visit the sunshine and daylight section to check monthly details including how high in the sky the sun reaches each month.
- Were you to burrow down through the centre of the Earth from Seoul you would pop up nearest to the climate station at Punta Del Este, Uruguay where you would find a Marine west coast climate (Warm temperate moist forest biome).
Seoul Climate Comparisons
In depth comparisons with over 3,600 world destinations. Better understand a climate by comparing it relative to one you know (check it out):
Rio de Janeiro,
Seoul Climate Graph in Metric Units
Seoul Climograph in English Units
Please help others find this resource by sharing the link:
Climate of Seoul, South Korea Discussion
Post your insights, comments, questions, answers, feedback, error reports, related link suggestions etc. using the easy form below.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Navigate to Surrounding Climate Guides:
- Kimchaek, South Korea - 394.4 kms (245.1 miles) NNE
- Wonsan, South Korea - 183.8 kms (114.2 miles) NNE
- Chunchon, North Korea - 77.1 kms (47.9 miles) ENE
- Kangnung, North Korea - 170.6 kms (106 miles) E
- Ullungdo Island, North Korea - 346.9 kms (215.6 miles) E
- Taejon, North Korea - 138.2 kms (85.9 miles) SSE
- Chupungnyong, North Korea - 175.9 kms (109.3 miles) SSE
- Pohang, North Korea - 274.7 kms (170.7 miles) SE
- Busan, South Korea - 330.9 kms (205.6 miles) SE
- Yosu/ Yeosu, North Korea - 322.5 kms (200.4 miles) SSE
- Izuhara, Japan - 429.8 kms (267.1 miles) SSE